“If it’s just numbers on the screen and you’re not actually meeting the people…I think that is easy to get desensitized.”Jared Ammon Gilet (Puting Pinoy)
On the surface, Jared Ammon Gilet might seem like an unlikely ambassador for the Philippines. But spend a little time with him (he actually speaks flawless Tagalog) and you’ll soon learn that he’s the perfect man for the job.
Filipinos all around the world know Jared by his YouTube handle, Puting Pinoy. Since 2018, Jared has been creating videos online, striving to bridge the gap between Filipinos both in the Philippines and around the world.
Jared fell in love with the Philippines after serving as a missionary from 2008 to 2010 in some of the country’s most impoverished regions. After almost a decade away, he decided to relocate from the U.S. and return to the Philippines on a more permanent basis.
In this episode, you’ll learn about…
- The challenges of being a creator in a foreign country
- Fears and anxieties that he deals with as a creator
- His thoughts on foreign creators using tactics like Pinoybaiting to amass more views
- Why collaboration with other creators keeps him from burning out.
And much more…
Sick of wasting time editing your own videos? Video Husky provides you access to a dedicated team of talented editors who can help. If you're not happy, we have a 30-day, action-based money-back guarantee. Click the button to take a short quiz and find out if Video Husky is right for you.Take the Quiz
- Puting Pinoy on YouTube
- Puting Pinoy on Instagram
- Puting Pinoy Plays (His Gaming Channel)
- Be BOLD as a Creator with Tom Kuegler of Finding Tom [The Videocraft Show Episode #15]
- 1954 Johnny Antillon (Philippines) debates Israel, France, UK, USA. Topic: Criticisms of America
- Mr. Beast
- Mark Rober
- Legal Eagle
- How to start your company during a great recession w/ Bryan Elliot
Stay Up-to-Date with The Videocraft Show
If you enjoy the show, subscribe to our email list. It’s the best way to stay up-to-date with The Videocraft Show and all the content we’re creating.