I believe that every human interaction holds the potential to change your life.Rob Lawless
This week’s guest on The Videocraft Show Presented by Video Husky is a man with an ambitious life’s mission. Rob Lawless is a creator trying to meet 10,000 people, one-on-one, for an hour each. Since 2015, Rob has met more than 4,000 people and has been sharing their stories on his Instagram account, @Robs10kFriends.
The project is rooted in Rob’s belief in the importance of community and genuine human connection. He decided to chronicle his adventures on social media as a way to lead others by example. It’s Rob’s hope that his mission inspires others to reach out to someone new and be more open to building new relationships.
In this episode, you’ll learn about…
- The origins of Rob’s project (and how Jon became one of Rob’s friends.)
- Rob’s thoughts on the value of human connection.
- How the pandemic forced him to pivot to video.
- The way Rob thinks about creating videos for TikTok.
- How Rob landed the honor of giving a TED Talk (and how he prepared for it).
- What Rob learned after meeting 4,200 people.
And much more…
Sick of wasting time editing your own videos? Video Husky provides you access to a dedicated team of talented editors who can help. If you're not happy, we have a 30-day, action-based money-back guarantee. Click the button to take a short quiz and find out if Video Husky is right for you.Take the Quiz
- Robs10kFriends on Instagram (DM him to meet!)
- Rob’s Website
- Robs10kFriends on TikTok
- Rob’s TEDx Talk
- How to Make Friends in a New City
- Rob on The Kelly Clarkson Show
- Andrew Hales on The Videocraft Show
- “Talk Like TED: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World’s Top Minds” by Carmine Gallo
Stay Up-to-Date with The Videocraft Show
If you enjoy the show, subscribe to our email list. It’s the best way to stay up-to-date with The Videocraft Show and all the content we’re creating.