“Not seeing someone in your space as competition. Seeing them as an opportunity to partner and kind of moving past that competitiveness of it.”Michelle Fortin of Leeann and Michelle
Michelle Fortin is one-half of the comedic duo Leeann and Michelle. Since 2017, these two Phoenix-based moms have been making viewers laugh through their parodies and sketches.
They rose to internet fame through a variety of videos that originally went viral on Facebook. One of them pokes fun at multilevel marketing and the pressure people face from their friends to buy products. Another brought the funny by parodying one of HGTV’s biggest personalities (and even caught her attention, too).
Those videos plus many others have led Leeann and Michelle to amass more than 40-million views from viewers all over the world. Their comedic chops have caught the attention of mainstream media, too, earning them coverage from outlets such as USA Today, the New York Times, and The TODAY Show.
In this episode, I chat with Michelle, who joins me solo because Leeann is on maternity leave after giving birth to her fourth child. Michelle and I talk about a variety of topics including:
- What it was like to find out that one of their parodies was watched by a big named celebrity.
- Michelle’s background as a journalist and how that prepared her for a career as a creator.
- The value of going on the creator journey with a partner.
- How trust plays a huge role in collaboration.
- Being part of an acting community in Phoenix.
- The business side of Leeann and Michelle’s YouTube channel.
And much more.
Sick of wasting time editing your own videos? Video Husky provides you access to a dedicated team of talented editors who can help.
If you’re not happy, we have a 30-day, action-based money-back guarantee. Click the button below to schedule a call to get started today!
- Leeann & Michelle’s YouTube Channel
- Leeann & Michelle’s Website
- Leeann & Michelle on Instagram
- If You’re My Friend Then You’ll Buy This a Coldplay “Something Just Like This” Parody
- Look What Joanna Gaines Made Us Do
- The Diet, Season 1 Promo Parody of The Bachelor
Where to Listen to The Videocraft Show
If you enjoy the show, subscribe to our email list. It’s the best way to stay up-to-date with The Videocraft Show and all the content we’re creating.
- Producer: Nikki Vicente
- Editor: Ingrid Sarayba
- Graphics: Paolo Lopez