Having a big following, it does have value and it does get your foot in the door to a lot of things. And it’s funny, you kind of have to play these games to get to a certain level. And once you get beyond this level, you can kind of write your own rules.Mark Wooding, After Skool
This week’s guest on The Videocraft Show Presented By Video Husky has a face you might not be familiar with. But there are likely many of you who are no stranger to his incredible work.
Mark Wooding is the artistic mastermind behind the brilliant YouTube channel, After Skool. Mark has created a library of content, featuring philosophical and motivational speeches, talks, and lectures reimagined through vivid, whiteboard illustrations. Some of the prominent people whose words have enjoyed Mark’s illustration treatment include Alan Watts, Steve Jobs, Will Smith, and Dave Chappelle.
The mission of After Skool, which at the time of this podcast has just about 1.7-million YouTube subscribers, is simple: to make learning more accessible and entertaining for anyone who watches.
In this episode, Mark and Jon discuss:
- The origins of Mark’s artistic and creative abilities.
- How and why Mark had to reinvent After Skool a handful of times since its creation in 2016.
- The upsides and downsides to having a large following on YouTube.
- The difference between being busy and being productive.
- The #1 piece of advice he would give to any aspiring content creators.
- The art of saying no.
And much more…
Sick of wasting time editing your own videos? Video Husky provides you access to a dedicated team of talented editors who can help. If you're not happy, we have a 30-day, action-based money-back guarantee. Click the button to take a short quiz and find out if Video Husky is right for you.Take the Quiz
- After Skool on YouTube
- After Skool on Instagram
- Kram Gallery
- Why Don’t Country Flags Use The Color Purple?: Mark’s Book
- 1,000 True Fans
- Viral San Francisco YouTuber, creator of ‘After Skool,’ illustrates bite-sized philosophy: SF Chronicle
- Millennials in the Workforce, A Generation of Weakness – Simon Sinek
- My Bondage and My Freedom by Frederick Douglass
- Paul Stamets, the mushroom expert
- The Moment with Brian Koppelman
- Give and Take by Adam Grant
Stay Up-to-Date with The Videocraft Show
If you enjoy the show, subscribe to our email list. It’s the best way to stay up-to-date with The Videocraft Show and all the content we’re creating.