“I think it helps not to get caught up in the what-if, but just to do it, for intrinsic reasons, because you feel a passion, because you feel like something in this idea is so potent, that I can’t not do it.”Bernadette Banner
This week’s guest on The Videocraft Show Presented By Video Husky transformed her passion for a history of fashion into a platform of more than a million YouTube subscribers (and growing).
Bernadette Banner is a historian, filmmaker, and creator. She’s most known for her YouTube videos documenting her insights on historic English and American fashion, mostly from the Victorian era.
Bernadette is an alum of NYU’s Tisch Drama School of Arts, where she finished her work in 2017. She also studied at the School of Historical Dress in London, working on reconstruction and publication projects. Bernadette also spent time working in costume design on Broadway for well-renowned shows such as Aladdin and Annie.
In this conversation, Bernadette and host Jon Santiago discuss many topics, including:
- How she conducts research for her videos and why it actually never ends.
- How she thinks about allocating her time for the variety of platforms she’s active on.
- The costs that creators like her have to pay when they become public figures with massive audiences.
- Being fearless and going after what you want.
- How she defines success for her YouTube channel.
And much more.
Sick of wasting time editing your own videos? Video Husky provides you access to a dedicated team of talented editors who can help. If you're not happy, we have a 30-day, action-based money-back guarantee. Click the button to take a short quiz and find out if Video Husky is right for you.Take the Quiz
- Bernadette Banner on YouTube
- Bernadette Banner on Instagram
- Bernadette Banner’s Website
- Learning Mindfulness From the Art of Victorian Dressmaking
- Tisch Drama Alumna Bernadette Banner Creates Online Business Studying Historical Dress
Where to Listen to The Videocraft Show
If you enjoy the show, subscribe to our email list. It’s the best way to stay up-to-date with The Videocraft Show and all the content we’re creating.