“Shark Tank changed all that because I suddenly became like the face of Wanna Date, like the entrepreneur behind Wanna Date that people like.”Melissa Bartow, Founder/CEO of Wanna Date?
If you’re a creator interested in launching and selling a physical product, then this is an episode of The Videocraft Show Presented By Video Husky is for you. Jon Santiago chats with Melissa Bartow, the CEO and founder of Wanna Date?, a delicious fruit spread perfect for toast, yogurt, and so much more.
Melissa fell in love with dates after realizing they were a nutritious alternative to the unhealthy snacks she enjoyed to satisfy her sweet tooth. While studying at NYU, she bought a food processor and concocted her first batch of Wanna Date? spread from the comfortable confines of her dorm.
Not long into her entrepreneurial journey, Melissa landed the opportunity of a lifetime when television producers from the hit TV show Shark Tank invited her to pitch Wanna Date? to investors. The appearance boosted her profile and gave her fledgling food startup a spike in exposure and sales.
Today, Wanna Date? is still going strong and Melissa is leveraging the power of social media to share her brand’s story through video. In this conversation, Melissa and Jon chat about:
- What it was like to audition for Shark Tank and how she handled the influx of sales that came following her appearance.
- Why creating video content is proving to be a powerful approach for building her brand.
- How she thinks about pricing.
- Finding and landing deals with distributors.
- Learning how to let go of and outsource tasks, like video editing and graphic design, to grow her business.
And much more…
Sick of wasting time editing your own videos? Video Husky provides you access to a dedicated team of talented editors who can help.
If you’re not happy, we have a 30-day, action-based money-back guarantee. Click the button below to schedule a call to get started today!
- Wanna Date’s Website
- Melissa’s YouTube Channel
- 12 Under 35: Melissa Bartow, Founder, Wanna Date
- Mark Cuban Asks an Entrepreneur to change up her product
- Melissa’s Shark Tank Experience
Where to Listen to The Videocraft Show
If you enjoy the show, subscribe to our email list. It’s the best way to stay up-to-date with The Videocraft Show and all the content we’re creating.