“Patreon has been a real lifesaver. And it’s also been a great way to build a community. Everybody helps each other and nobody feels like they’re going out alone. We’re kind of like the, I guess, figureheads of it. But it’s really more about everybody else – all the other members – that really makes it such a valuable resource.”JP of Amelia and JP
Have you ever thought of leaving everything you know behind and starting a new life abroad? This week’s guests on The Videocraft Show Presented By Video Husky did just that.
In 2017, Amelia and JP left their home in Denver, Colorado and sold everything they owned to move to Ecuador. In the process, they decided to launch a YouTube channel to document their adventures.
On their YouTube Channel, Amelia and JP offer viewers an inside look into their unconventional life in Latin America. In their videos, they share tips and inspiration for other expats thinking about living and working in Ecuador.
In this episode, host Jon Santiago chats with Amelia and JP about:
- The major health scare they faced that prompted them to move abroad.
- Tips and advice for negotiating deals with brands.
- Their approach to building a thriving and sustaining community on Patreon and Discord.
- Their strategies for promoting their YouTube channel.
- Balancing YouTube with their day jobs.
And much more…
Sick of wasting time editing your own videos? Video Husky provides you access to a dedicated team of talented editors who can help. If you're not happy, we have a 30-day, action-based money-back guarantee. Click the button to take a short quiz and find out if Video Husky is right for you.Take the Quiz
- Amelia and JP on YouTube
- Amelia and JP on Patreon
- Live Abroad Now: Amelia and JP’s Ecuador Moving Service
- Amelia and JP’s Website
- Amelia and JP on Instagram
- Cheapest Destinations Blog by Tim Leffel
Where to Listen to The Videocraft Show
If you enjoy the show, subscribe to our email list. It’s the best way to stay up-to-date with The Videocraft Show and all the content we’re creating.